What is Quartz?
Quartz is a chemical compound consisting of one-part silicon and two parts oxygen. It is the most abundant mineral found at Earth’s surface and its unique properties make it one of the most useful natural substances. Quartz is the second most common mineral in the Earth’s continental crust. It is made up of a lattice of silica (SiO2) tetrahedral.It goes by an array of different names. The most important distinction between types of quartz is that of macro crystalline (individual crystals visible to the unaided eye) and the microcrystalline or cryptocrystalline varieties (aggregates of crystals visible only under high magnification). Quartz is also known as a ubiquitous mineral with an enormous number of uses.Quartz Processing (Silicon dioxide, SiO2) At a share of approx. 12 %, quartz ranks second behind feldspar as the most common mineral of the lithosphere, either in the form of solid rock or eroded sand. After being processed to quartz sand < 600 μm, the quartz is used in the manufacture of glass; for special paints (road building); in foundries as molding sand; in adhesives for the ceramics industry; in sand blasting equipment; for sanding sports stadiums; etc. Even finer in the < 80 μm range with a steep particle size distribution is found in ceramic base compounds, and at a fineness of < 20 μm in glazes.It has a hardness of 7 on the Mohs’ Scale which makes it very durable.Quartz is silicon dioxide [chemical formula is (SiO2)].
Quartz properties:Its usefulness can be linked to its physical and chemical properties. It is chemically inert in contact with most substances. It has electrical properties and heat resistance that make it valuable in electronic products. Its luster, color and diaphaneity make it useful as a gemstone and also in the making of glass. This makes it a very essential mineral in our day-to-day life.It is highly resistant to both mechanical and chemical weathering. This durability makes it the dominant mineral of mountaintops and the primary constituent of beach, river and desert sand. Quartz is ubiquitous, plentiful and durable. Minable deposits are found throughout the world.It is one of the most useful natural materials. Its usefulness can be linked to its physical and chemical properties. It is chemically inert in contact with most substances. It has electrical properties and heat resistance that make it valuable in electronic products. Its luster, color and diaphaneity make it useful as a gemstone and also in the making of glass.
We supply high quality Quartz Powder, processed in iron free grinding mills & produce various standard grades of Quartz for different industry applications. Silent Features of Quartz:
- High Silica Content, very Low impurity
- Very low iron, better for flint or clear glass
- Iron Fe203 at 0.03%.
- Melting Temperature – 1350° C
Industrial Applications :
- Glass Making : High purity silica sand (Quartz sand)is used in the glassmaking industry. The powder is used in the production of container glass, flat plate glass, specialty glass and fiberglass.
- Abrasive Material : It is an excellent abrasive material. The powder and finely ground silica sand are used for sand blasting, scouring cleansers, grinding media, and grit for sanding and sawing.
- Foundry Sand : It is very resistant to both chemicals and heat. With a melting temperature higher than most metals it can be used for the moulds and cores of common foundry work. Refractory brick is often made of quartz sand because of its high heat resistance. The powder is also used as a flux in the smelting of metals.
- Petroleum Industry : the powder has a high resistance to being crushed. In the petroleum industry sand slurries are forced down oil and gas wells under very high pressures in a process known as hydraulic fracturing. This high pressure fractures the reservoir rocks and the sandy slurry injects into the fractures. The durable sand grains hold the fractures open after the pressure is released. These open fractures facilitate the flow of natural gas into the well bore.
- Many Other Quartz Uses : Quartz sand is used as a filler in the manufacture of rubber, paint and putty. Screened and washed, carefully sized grains are used as filter media and roofing granules. The sand is used for traction in the railroad and mining industries. These sands are also used in recreation on golf courses, volleyball courts, baseball fields, children’s sand boxes and beaches.
- In making Tripoli: It is crystalline silica of an extremely fine grain size (less than ten micrometres). Commercial Tripoli is a nearly pure silica material that is used for a variety of mild abrasive purposes which include: soaps, toothpastes, metal polishing compounds, jewellery polishing compounds and buffing compounds. Tripoli is also used in brake friction products, fillers in enamel, caulking compounds, plastic, paint, rubber and refractories.
Our suggested quartz grades
|Quartz Grades / Model no.||VQ – 99N40||VQ – 99N200||VQ – 99N074||VQ – 99N300||VQ – 99S16||VQ – 99S25||VQ – 99S500||VQ – 99SL|
|Product Name||Export Quality Quartz grains minimum 99%||Snow white quartz powder for paints||Super white quartz powder for paints||Super white quartz powder 300 mesh||Premium Quartz grains for sodium silicate||High Quality Quartz grains minimum 99%||High Purity Udaan Dust Quartz 99%||Premium quality quartz lumps|
|Color||Snow White||Snow White||Super White||Super White||Semi White||Semi White||Semi White||Snow White|
|SiO2 (%)||99.9%||99.9%||99.9%||99.9%||> 99%||> 99%||> 99%||99.9%|
|Purity||99.9%||99.9%||99.9%||99.9%||> 99%||> 99%||> 99%||99.9%|
|Fe2O3 (%)||0.1 max.||0.1 max.||0.1 max.||0.1 max.||0.5 max.||0.5 max.||0.5 max.||0.1 max.|
|All Sizes available*||0.1 to 0.4 mm||200 mesh||200 mesh||300 mesh||0.6 to 1.2 mm||0.3 to 0.7 mm||500 mesh||Lumps|
|Applications||Export Quality; Marble industry; Glass industry and for Glazing||Paint industry; Glazing; rubber industry||Paint industry; Glazing||Petroleum industry; Glaze powder; High quality paints & Glass industry||Sodium silicate manufacturing; Glass industry; Ceramic industry||Marble industry; Glaze powder; High quality paints & Glass industry||Paint industry; Glazing||Export Quality; Marble industry; Glass industry and for Glazing|
We produce high quality of Quartz as per client requirement. We provide all sizes as per client requirement and we also manufacture as per client analysis certificate.
|Packaging & Delivery Details:|
|Packaging||25kg, 50 kg pp bag; 1ton/bag; 1*20 container, can load 25-27 MT or upon clients’ requirement|
|Delivery||within 15 – 25 days (depending upon the delivery location) after receiving the deposit|